ACT

Marc Egea i Sala marc.egea.sala at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 19:07:47 CEST 2014

Hi All,

As you may already know, we are going to do a Workshop in Barcelona next
Novembert 8th (http://workshop.barcelona.pm/).

We are using Act to manage the conference and we edited a lot of
templates. Finally, I decided to pack all this stuff and I created a
repo with neutral, not-branded Act templates based on Bootstrap. The
work is not finished ( I think it's about 50% ) but almost all templates
visible for non-admins in a new conference are done.

This is not intended to be a final ACT theme. It's ratter an attempt to
provide a nicer default to customize. This is basically an upgrade of
the default ACT templates that also looks good on mobile. The repo is in
github (https://github.com/meis/act-responsive).

I hope this will help someone. I think it's a good base layout that can
be easily customized to provide a unique style for each conference. This
is basically what we are doing on Barcelona Workshop's webpage.

All help or feedback on this is very wellcome. It's the first time I put
my hands on Act and I'm sure I'm breaking (or going to) lots of thinks.

If you do not have done already, I encourage you to look at Alex's Act
Vagrant Box (https://github.com/alexm/Act-vagrant) wich will make your
life so much easier to try Act.