Act-Voyager on GitHub

Th. J. van Hoesel th.j.v.hoesel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 22:35:40 CEST 2014

During YAPC::EU, Todd Rinaldo was very eager to create an organisation on GitHub, wonderful plan!

As I now finally have more time at hand, I’ll entered the 'bridge of the Voyager' and made a few changes on GitHub and renamed the project fron TNG to Voyager.

Alex Muntada recently created a simple setup for Vagrant and I checked this afternoon - and it is indeed extremely simple.
I will use his idea and try to adopt his setup a bit so:
— automatic GitHub checkout of the Act-Voyager fork of Book/Act
— test dabases in PostgreSQL so you have data to play with
— access the act server on ‘www.voyager.local’
— vagrant username will be ‘voyager’

The Vagrantfile will be on GitHub as well, together with a shell script that would normally compile Apache/Mod-Perl

I think Alex his box is more for developers that want a local version based on the current Act, where as the one described above will be ‘bleeding’.

As discussed with BooK, any BooK/Act pull request done from the Voyager project will be tested on the real Act server and when approved go into production and merged with the original branch. The Act maintainers will try to keep up with the changes that will happen there.

Happy coding

See you in Lyon!

Theo