Organizing Polish Perl Workshop 2014

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Sun Dec 15 17:12:25 CET 2013

Filip Sergot wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,

Hello Filip,

Apologizes for answering so late.

> I am writing because Poznan.pm wants to organize the Polish Perl Workshop 2014 and we need the website on act.yapc.eu (it should be http://act.yapc.eu/plpw2014/ I think). Could You give us an opportunity to announce that event?
>
> We already know the place and date, it will be 16-18th of May in Poznan (Poznan University of Technology), Poland. We are also in touch with Warszawa.pm, so this event should be large.
>
> What else should we do, to organize such an event?

I configured the test conference by copying plpw2013, tell me if you prefer to start over from zero.
It is available here: http://test.mongueurs.net/plpw2014/
Note that this is the test site, only for you to hack on it privately. Once you're satisfied with it, I'll create the production site at its final address.

To work on the test site, you can log on the server test.mongueurs.net, with the SSH account sergot, once you give me a public SSH key. The files are in ~/plpw2014-test/

I guess you never worked with an Act conference before, so you'll want to read the organizers documentation, especially the Layout and Template pages:
  » http://act.mongueurs.net/doc/Manual/Organizer.html

Mostly, each public page (located in actdocs/static/) is made of TT2 templates parts (located in actdocs/templates/). The static resources (CSS, JS, images, etc) are in wwwdocs/

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.