accepting payments

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at free.fr
Wed Jan 9 10:56:23 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 04:18:29PM +0200, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> we haven't done it before so I am not sure how does this work.
>
> We would like to charge money for the upcoming ILPW.
> We certainly need to charge in ILS and then get the money in ILS
> avoiding any conversion rates if possible.
>
> What are our options?

The current Act setup supports 3 payment systems:
- YEF, which is connected to the YEF bank account. Accepts payments in EUR
  (it's possible to accept other currencies, but not ILS, and I'm not
  sure how that end up in YEF account). You'll need to sign a contract
  with YEF, which refunds the money on a roughly monthly basis.
- TPF, which is connected to the TPF bank account. Accepts payments in USD.
  Since TPF is handling the money for YAPC NA conference, there is no
  refund system in place, as far as I know.
- Paypal, which can be connected to any Paypal account.

I would think that, for now, Paypal is your best option.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 The emptier the brain is of facts, the easier it is to fill with nonsense.