LPW 2013

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at free.fr
Sun Jun 30 23:52:05 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:52:24AM +0200, Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni wrote:
> Mark Keating wrote:
>
> > Can you put the LPW site to live. I have added registration with
> > donation levels this year but I am not sure I set that up properly in
> > the conf file, could you scan it and let me know if I used the right
> > syntax. I assume the payments will go via YEF?
>
> The config looks ok. However, I'm not sure you can pay in GBP via YEF
> (actually, I'm pretty sure on the contrary): each payment gateway only
> handle one currency, EUR for YEF, USD for TPF. Only Paypal accepts
> several currencies.
>
> The documentation confirms:
>   » http://act.mongueurs.net/doc/Manual/Organizer/Payment.html

I think this means that a given conference can only use a single payment
gateway, and that a payment gateway can only support a single currency.

I think it's possible to setup a second YEF payment gateway with a different
currency, and use that one instead for LPW.

> Philippe, can you confirm that the situation hasn't changed?

I know the online payment from the bank can accept several currencies
(including GBP). The issue with YEF accepting payments in GBP and then
refunding them in GBP is that YEF's bank account is in EUR.  So unless
we can manage to have the payments end up in an account in GBP, YEF will
have to pay some useless fees twice.

I've emailed the bank a few days ago to ask about getting an account
in GBP for YEF. No answer yet, because my contact was on holidays.
(back this week)

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Virtue may not be its own reward but it's sure a lot easier to collect!!
                                  (Moral from Groo The Wanderer #3 (Pacific))