YAPC::Europe 2014

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at free.fr
Thu Sep 5 10:06:19 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 08:57:29AM -0500, Todd Rinaldo wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2013, at 4:42 AM, Marian Marinov <mm at yuhu.biz> wrote:
>
> > my name is Marian Marinov and I'm the organizer for YAPC::Europe 2014 in Sofia.
> >
> > I would like to build the site with Act, so it seams natural to ask you for an instance
> >
> > What I want to know is how can I administer the site (maybe git/svn)?
>
> Well I'll ask cause I'm curious. Isn't that maintained by a different group on a different server on act.yapc.eu ?

http://act.mongueurs.net/conferences.html has the list of all Act
conferences we know of.

At the moment, there are 4 Act instances:
- the "official" one, hosted by the French Perl Mongers
  (all conferences listed at the top of the page)
- Andrew Shitov's "russian" host, used for a number of eastern conference
- a Brazilian instance (importing the data back to the main instance is
  a work in progress)
- Dave Rolsky's hacked up instance, used for his non-Perl conference, TLOV

act.yapc.eu is one of the many hostnames used by the main Act instance.

As a piece of jargon, what I call an "instance" is actually a web server
running the Act code, while Marian used the word to mean "a conference
hosted on an Act server".

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 When you double-cross a friend, you triple-cross yourself.