[Act] YAPCEU::2015

Diego Kuperman diego at freekeylabs.com
Mon Dec 8 23:35:05 CET 2014

On Dec 7, 2014, at 10:28 PM, Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni wrote:

> Diego Kuperman wrote:

>>> I converted the SVN repository to Git, on Git Hub:
>>> » https://github.com/Act-Conferences/ye2015
>>>
>>> I sent you and JJ an invitation to join the group and thus be able
>>> commit to this repository.
>>>
>> Thank you!. I've been reading other thread you had a proposal for git
>> workflow. It looks fantastic to me… is that proposal already
>> working?, should I push a new brand 'test' to get the site deployed
>> on the testing instance?. If i create a brand prod it will go to
>> production?.
>
> Actually, no, I didn't do that and use master for both. But I don't think
> a production site is using Git yet. It's a bit more cumbersome because it
> requires (obviously) to double the number of repository checkouts.
> If people ask for, we can go to such a workflow though.

Ok, I've already seen that all my pushes to master where deployed to the test site. That's fine to me as I'm using Alexm vagrant box for local development and testing :-)

So… now we can move the site to production and ensure master is always deployed to production!… looks like we have a "production site" already on git ;-)

If at some point this branch-workflow is stetted up to work just tell me and I'll be more than happy to testing it.

Kindly regards,
-dk