CZPW move to live site

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Tue Jan 21 01:14:55 CET 2014

Nicholas Butler wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,

Hello Nicholas,

> I have built the CZPW pages on the test area (http://test.mongueurs.net/czpw2014/) and now I have been asked to request that the site to go Live.
> Please can you make this live now?

Done: http://act.yapc.eu/czpw2014/
The SVN repository is at: svn://svn.mongueurs.net/czpw2014  (credentials in a separate email)
Tell me your Act username so I can make you admin of the conference.

Now that the production site is enabled, you can modify the files by checking out the SVN repository. As far as I know, most good editors and IDEs on Windows integrate SVN support, so it should be easy (for a Windows tainted value of "easy" ;)

Tiny SVN primer: you check out the files on your computer, so you can edit them, then you send the changes by committing them.

The server updates the repository every 5 minutes. The interest of using a versioning system (here, SVN) is that it allows to easily fix a mistake by reverting the last changes.

The test site is still enabled, so you can use it to test if something is ok before committing it on the production site.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.