[Act] Act services moving on a new server

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Tue Feb 16 12:13:01 CET 2016

Th. J. van Hoesel wrote:

> Hi Sébastian,

Hello Theo,

> I have only little experience with building Apache, but maybe the
> repo I made for building Act-out-of-the-Box might be very useful for
> you...
>
> it builds a complete Vagrant image - that others could use to simply
> play with Act.
>
> it probably could be easily tweaked into something that could be more
> general to a few Docker images, so it might be more easy to deploy
> in distributed environments.
>
> https://github.com/THEMA-MEDIA/Act-out-of-the-box
>
> install.sh calls each of the other installers inside /bin The one you
> seem to be most interested in is apache-with-mod-perl.sh

I actually already looked Act-out-of-the-box to see how you installed
Apache 1.3 + mod_perl 1 on Linux. But I guess that apart from the getline()
thing that required a small patch, you didn't run in a link problem like
I currently do on FreeBSD. If I can get it to work under FreeBSD, I'll
switch to Linux as well.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.