[Act] Act services moving on a new server

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Mon Feb 22 02:32:23 CET 2016

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni wrote:

> Indeed. I'll try to compile some older Perl as well and see if
> it's easier with these instead of a too recent one.

This went much better. If you can access this URL:
» http://act.perlworkshop.eu/phantom/

it will confirm that Act is working on the new server. I quickly
imported part of the production database, but I'll have to do
that again when we actually switch from spectre to phantom.

To dump a few notes here:

- compile everything with -std=gnu89

- Perl 5.12 is apparently the last Perl we can compile an
  unmodified modperl 1.x against; 5.14 already presents the
  conflicts Alex and myself encountered

- latest Apache::AuthCookie depends on Apache::Test 1.39,
  which isn't correctly indexed, or at least is unknown to
  cpanminus (I haven't looked into that)

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.