ACT for YAPC::NA 2013

raiph mellor raiph.mellor at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 00:27:12 CET 2012

"We have changed the domain for YAPC::NA 2012. It was yapc2012.us. It
is now yapcna.org. The reason for this change is that we want to start
a tradition of handing down resources from YAPC::NA to YAPC::NA, so
that each new conference organizer need not start from scratch. So
after YAPC::NA 2012, we will hand over this domain and a bunch of
other resources to the YAPC::NA 2013 organizer, and they will hand it
down to 2014 and so on."

http://blog.yapcna.org/post/7332199071/domain-for-yapc-na-2012-changed

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni
<sebastien at aperghis.net> wrote:
> Aaron Phillips wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>
> Hello Aaron,
>
>> We wish to push YAPC::NA 2013 live.    The current hosting is somewhere else, but we wish to point it to
>>
>> http://test.mongueurs.net/yn2013/
>>
>> If this is possible --> can you please let me know the nameservers we need to utilize to switch over yapcna.org to http://test.mongueurs.net/yn2013/.
>
> As Michele told you, we don't use the test site for production: we copy it into a repository (currently SVN, there ongoing work to use Git), and deploy it in the destination domain.
>
> Speaking of domain, there is currently no "always valid" YAPC::NA domain handled by our instance. Previous editions have used domains with the year within (yapc10.org, yapc2010.com, yapc2011.us)
>
> The logical domain for you is act.yapcna.org, however it is already used by YAPC::NA 2012, which runs on JT's own Act instance. If you want to use it, you'll need to speak with the admin of yapcna.org and JT to move last year conference on another domain, and then modify the DNS record this way:
>
>     act.yapcna.org.    IN       CNAME   conferences.mongueurs.net.
>
> If you can't get to use this domain, you'll need either to create a new subdomain (like act2.yapcna.org), or to register another one (yapcna.net, yapcna.com, yapc-na.org, yapc.na, yapc.us) from which a "act" subdomain can be used. If you don't want to register a new domain, we can host the conference on a generic domain like act.yapc.eu, conferences.mongueurs.net
>
> During the time, I'll configure everything I can on my part so things will be ready when the domain is configured.
>
> --
> Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni
>
> Close the world, txEn eht nepO.

raiph