Are there still several Act installations?

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Tue Apr 2 22:21:33 CEST 2013

Gabor Szabo a écrit :

> There used to be several Act installations.
> One for YAPC::NA::2012 one for YAPC::Russia.
> If I am not mistaken a 3rd one for YAPC::Brazil
> and then the main one for most of Europe and USA.

Eeyup. The currently active Act instances are:
- Mongueurs' one, which hosts most of European, American and some Asian conferences
- Perl Russia's one, operated by Andrew, which hosts most of the conferences he organized in Russia and Europe
- YAPC::Brasil
- YAPC::NA 2012 (the previous ones, and this year's are hosted at the Mongueurs)

> If they are still separate. Is there a plan in place to unite them?

Nuba Princigalli just asked on #act if it could be possible to merge YAPC::Brasil 2009-2012 into Mongueurs' instance.

> Could someone propose this as a project for TPF grant?

Maybe, but a more useful grant would be to develop the next generation Act, using BooK's plan for example. This would ease administration and would permit the deployment of more Act instances, while keeping them synced, so they can be close to the users.

YAPC::Asia (Tokyo) no longer uses Act because of the latencies between Japan and Europe. Daisuke Maki said they would like to use Act again, but the network latency is a major blocking factor.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.