Creation of a conference website

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Wed Dec 18 11:32:41 CET 2013

[ stupid web mail interface with unexpected shortcuts, and stupid fingers ]

Nicholas Butler wrote:

> Dear Act,
>
> I have subscribed to your site, as I would like to set up a
> conference
> website on the official Act platform.
> Please can you tell me what I need to do to request a conference to
> be hosted?

I see that you are from the same company than Martina Pestova.
I already answered her, but are the details again:

Can you give me the following details about your workshop:
- name
- location
- dates (not necessarily definitive dates, it's just to pre-configure)
- whether it will be free or paying

Then, I'll create a test site you can privately work on, in order to
polish your design. I'll need a public SSH key from you, so you can
access the server.

Once you are satisfied with the test site, I'll create the production
site, on the final domain. Speaking of that, is there a specific domain
you want to be hosted on? By default, we now use act.yapc.eu

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.