Creation of a conference website

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Tue Dec 24 02:00:07 CET 2013

Nicholas Butler wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,

Hello Nicholas,

> I have the information that you have requested. See informaiton below:
>
> Name = Czech Perl Workshop
> Location = Prague
> Dates: 20th - 21st May 2014
> Fees = 500 normal, 250 students & 1000 company
>
> Is it possible to have the web address as http://act.yapc.eu/czpw2014/?

I created the test site, available here: http://test.mongueurs.net/czpw2014

Note that this is the test site, only for you to hack on it privately. Once you're satisfied with it, I'll create the production site at its final address.

To work on the test site, you can log on the server test.mongueurs.net, with the SSH account czpw. The files are in ~/czpw2014-test/

> Finally Martina will be the first one to work on the page, so she
> shall get a SSH for her computer. Is it possible to add another SSH
> key for another computer later, as I will probably be involved in the
> New Year?

I added her key to the account, so she should be able to connect right away.
The account has access to the .ssh/authorized_keys file so you can add more keys by yourself.

I guess none of you ever worked with an Act conference before, so you'll want to read the organizers documentation, especially the Layout and Template pages:
 » http://act.mongueurs.net/doc/Manual/Organizer.html

Mostly, each HTML page (located in actdocs/static/) is made of TT2 templates parts (located in actdocs/templates/). The static resources (CSS, JS, images, etc) are in wwwdocs/

The test site is based on a blank template. Several people have made their sites with modern web things like Bootstrap, but none has committed it back to the base template. Some are on this list so they might be able to help you.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.