Creation of a conference website

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Thu Dec 26 22:11:05 CET 2013

Martina wrote:

> Dear Sebastian,

Hello Martina,

> this link http://test.mongueurs.net/czpw2014 does not work - says i dont have the access there.
>
> When I tried to go http://act.yapc.eu/czpw2014/ - it says the website doesn exist.

That <http://act.yapc.eu/czpw2014/> doesn't answer is perfectly normal, given it's not configured yet.

That <http://test.mongueurs.net/czpw2014> doesn't answer is not normal. I just spent the last hour trying to understand, then discovered that there is probably a subtle interaction between the two Apache and Varnish, that makes this URL redirects to <http://test.mongueurs.net:8000/czpw2014/>

In fact the correct URL of the test site is: http://test.mongueurs.net/czpw2014/

I'll have to fix this small issue, but the complexity of the configuration of our Apache deployment doesn't make this task trivial. In the mean time, just make sure to keep the final /

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.