Move 2010 YAPC ACT system to 2010.yapcna.org

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Wed Feb 13 16:31:27 CET 2013

Todd Rinaldo wrote:

> Hi, Would it be possible to migrate the
> 2010 YAPC::NA ACT system to 2010.yapcna.org? I am working on pointing
> the DNS "A" Record for that domain to 91.216.186.189.

Wouldn't you prefer to move it to www.yapcna.org/yn2010 ?
(and probably the same for yn2007~9 & yn2011)
I've always found domains with prefixing year a bit strange.

It also has another advantage in that keeping the same domain
allows you to share the same cookie between conferences on the
domain, so you stay logged across yn2013 and yn2011 for example.

Hmm, didn't phrased that very clearly.
Currently, Act stores only one session per user, so you can only
be logged on one domain at a time. When conferences are on the
same domain, they share the same cookie, so you're still logged.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.