LPW 2013

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at free.fr
Tue Jul 2 14:23:00 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 01:26:51PM +0200, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 12:26:44PM +0200, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 11:52:05PM +0200, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> > >
> > > I've emailed the bank a few days ago to ask about getting an account
> > > in GBP for YEF. No answer yet, because my contact was on holidays.
> > > (back this week)
> > >

> > Our account manager will call me tomorrow to work out the details.

>   through a new and shiny YEF account in held in GBP
> - otherwise, you'll have the payment in EUR open by next Friday

Just got the call from the bank: good news all around!

I've just requested a bank account in GBP for YEF (amazingly, this is free),
which will be connected to our online payment system so that payments in
GBP end up in that account.

Because the billing is done on the EUR account, that means 100% of the
funds paid in GBP will end up on the GBP account, which means refunds
are going to be dead easy!

The fun bit is that this apparently possible because we have an old
contract (since 2005). Newer contracts don't seem to allow this directly.

Mark, we'll need to setup a test payment in GBP soonish, so that we
can fully test the system.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Everyone is somebody's hero.       (Moral from Groo The Wanderer #29 (Epic))