Slow busy server

Rolf Schaufelberger rs at plusw.de
Thu Mar 7 23:49:54 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 07.03.2013 um 22:10 schrieb Tina Müller <cpan2 at tinita.de>:

> On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni wrote:
>
>> Andrew Shitov wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>
>> Hello Andrew,
>>
>>> During the last few days I experience problems with slow loading of
>>> the Act sites (mainly ye2013, of course, but others as well) and slow
>>> ssh connection. I looked at the top output and it says "load
>>> averages:
>>> 18.60, 18.18, 18.80" and lists the number of postgres processes with
>>> big CPU usage numbers.
>>>
>>> Is it something to look at in sense of system administration?

I had something like this some years ago, reason was an error in a stored procedure, leading to inserting an infinite loop of records in my database,
writing tons of WAL files, filling my disk.   So, how about disk space ? Everything ok with this ?  Once your disk is full the problems get really nice :-)