YAPC::Europe 2014

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Tue Sep 3 01:12:15 CEST 2013

Marian Marinov wrote:

> Hi guys,
> my name is Marian Marinov and I'm the organizer for YAPC::Europe 2014 in Sofia.

Hello Marian,

> I would like to build the site with Act, so it seams natural to ask you for an instance
>
> What I want to know is how can I administer the site (maybe git/svn)?

The test site is ready to be hacked on: http://test.mongueurs.net/ye2014/
I'll need a ssh public key from you so you can access your account on the server.

The test site is usually directly accessed on the server so you can more easily hack on it. Once you are satisfied with the design, tell me so to push the site into production. Then you'll manage it through a subversion repository which is regularly updated.

(I think we (BooK & myself) began working on supporting git repositories in the current instance of Act, but I don't think it's done or ready yet. BooK will correct me.)

If you never worked with Act before, you may want to read the (terse) documentation, starting with the Layout and Templates pages:
  » http://act.mongueurs.net/doc/Manual/Organizer.html

Because the database is not the same as in production, you'll need to create an account there, and tell me you login so I can give you the admin rights.

I already edited the configuration so it's functional, but feel free to edit it yourself to change the room names, the dates, etc.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here by mail, or on irc.perl.org#act (I'm Maddingue)

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.