How to commit user if we organize free event?

Gianni Ceccarelli dakkar at thenautilus.net
Sat Apr 19 17:44:28 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-19 Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni <sebastien at aperghis.net> wrote:
> Because Act was first made for non-free conferences, handling free
> events is suboptimal and needs improvement. As far as I know, there
> is indeed currently no way for a user to confirm that they're
> attending. Maybe there's a way to modify the templates and reuse the
> payment workflow to confirm.

Well, for the Italian Perl Workshop, Act was modified to help with
free events.

You can set::

  [registration]
  gratis=1

in your ``act.ini``. Then, the ``user/main`` template should say "You
have not confirmed your participation to this conference yet" instead
of "You have not bought your conference ticket yet".

You also need to specify a registration price of 0; we wrote this::

  [payment]
  type        = YEF
  currency    = EUR
  open        = 1
  invoices    = 1
  products    = registration

  [product_registration]
  name_en     = Registration
  name_it     = Iscrizione
  prices      = 2

  [product_registration_price1]
  name_en     = Gratis
  name_it     = Gratis
  amount      = 0

  [product_registration_price2]
  name_en     = Supporter
  name_it     = Supporter
  amount      = 50

So our attendees could choose to give us money if they wanted.

--
	Dakkar - <Mobilis in mobile>
	GPG public key fingerprint = A071 E618 DD2C 5901 9574

Bossman: Hey, Buttercup.
Buttercup: Buzz off, guys!