[Act] Introducing a new act user

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Fri Jan 9 00:14:36 CET 2015

Victor Rivas wrote:

> Hi and happy new year for everybody,
>
> My name is Victor Rivas
> (https://geneura.wordpress.com/members/vrivas/)
> and I am helping* JJ Merelo and collaborators to develop the
> YAPC::Europe 2015 web site.
>
> I am really sorry, but I must confess ACT is completely new for me,
> so excuse me in case of mistakes or nonsenses in my questions.

No need to excuse, Act is not really common software, and not
that easy to understand :)

> We have the web skeleton almost finished, and in fact it can be
> accessed at http://act.yapc.eu/ye2015/, although still many
> contents have to be added.
>
> That's all by the moment.
>
> Nice to meet (all of) you,
> Victor
>
> * "helping" must be understood as "the one that should not sleep
> until the web is ready"

Welcome, but don't burn yourself on this :)

You might want to read the Act documentation, which, although
a bit terse, gives some useful information:
» http://act.mongueurs.net/doc/Manual.html

More precisely the part targeted to oragnizers, in your case
the docs about the layout and how the templates work:
» http://act.mongueurs.net/doc/Manual/Organizer.html

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.