[Act] Act services moving on a new server

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Thu Apr 7 10:29:30 CEST 2016

On Donnerstag, 7. April 2016 10:23:41 CEST Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:

> To mitigate the downtime caused by DNS propagation, what about:
> - setup the Act database on phantom
> - dump and shutdown the Act database on spectre
> - restore that last copy of the spectre db on phantom
> - point the spectre Act config to the db on phantom (this might add some
>   latency, but that's only for people connected to spectre)

As an alternative you could set up a forwarding proxy on spectre so updates on
Act's code or static files will be covered, too. Instead of a proxy, one could
even forward port 80 to phantom using iptables and destination NAT. I've
successfully used both strategies for server migrations in the past.

Stefan