[Act] Act services moving on a new server

Alex Muntada alexm at alexm.org
Wed Feb 17 02:06:13 CET 2016

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni:

> On my side, I tried to compile older versions of GCC, which failed with
> the error stating that some features were not supported in C99 mode.
> This led me to looking in this direction, and I found that passing the
> -std=gnu89 option passed to cc make things much easier.

Good point :)

> I could compile the static Apache with no problems. Now I'm working on
> the Apache+mod_perl, but first had to reinstall a Perl compiled with
> this option as well.

The main issue is that mod_perl-1.31 relays on lucid perl-5.10.1
and trusty has perl-5.18.2, which has evolved quite a lot in
terms of perl core. I managed to successfully compile apache from
mod_perl with the attached patch, but "make test" gives SEGV :(

Unfortunately my perl core skills are poor to fully understand
the impact of the changes that I'm doing... I've been comparing
the code from both perl versions and try to figure out the new
way of doing it in trusty.

Good night!
Alex