[Act] https for act.perl-workshop.ch

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Tue Jul 10 22:49:57 CEST 2018

Roman Baumer wrote:

> Hi Sebastian,

Hello Roman,

> Is there a chance to get an Linux/Freebsd instance on the same
> physical host or within the same datacenter to setup
> nginx+letsencrypt?
>
> We like to reconfigure act.perl-workshop.ch with https.

First, I'd like to sincerely apologize for my lack of responding
to this mail, as well to your previous ones, on this very subject.
I admit that I wasn't very at ease with several things, one being
Let's Encrypt itself, the way to use it, and other bad excuses.

Therefore, I started seriously looking last week into how to add
Let's Encrypt support to Act sites, and finished tonight. The
following domains now are all available in HTTPS:
- conferences.mongueurs.net
- conferences.yapceurope.org
- act.yapc.eu
- journeesperl.fr
- act.perl.org.il
- vienna.yapceurope.org
- www.perlworkshop.no
- act.perl-workshop.ch
- act.useperl.at
- workshop.perl.pt
- conference.perlchina.org
- www.perloasis.info
- patch.pm
- www.perlworkshop.nl
- act.osdc.org.il
- act.osdc.fr
- act.qa-hackathon.org
- act.perlconference.org
- workshop.granada.pm
- workshop.barcelona.pm
- npw2018.oslo.pm

I haven't added redirection from HTTP to HTTPS yet, because it can
easily break things. However I just logged on the Swiss Perl Workshop
site and checked that when starting from HTTPS, all calls are in HTTPS.
If things are confirmed to work as expected, I'll try adding the
redirection as well.

Once again, apologies for having been so thick.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.