accepting payments

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Fri Jan 11 07:57:56 CET 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni
<sebastien at aperghis.net> wrote:
> Gabor Szabo wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Philippe Bruhat (BooK)
>> <philippe.bruhat at free.fr> wrote:

>>> - Paypal, which can be connected to any Paypal account.
>>>
>>> I would think that, for now, Paypal is your best option.
>>
>> I agree. How can I do that?
>
> If I believe the documentation, you set payment_type to PaypalILPW
>   » http://act.mongueurs.net/doc/Manual/Organizer/Payment.html

Oh thanks,
that page does not yet list the Israeli currency.
I think this is the up-to-date list of currencies accepted by PayPal
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/sell/mc/mc_intro-outside

And the currency codes are here:
https://cms.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_nvp_currency_codes

I updated the act.ini though there was a field called 'invoice' aleady
in the act.ini file and I did not see it described
in the docs.
Actually I don't see the explanation of the [priceN] sections and the
prices = N field in the [payment] either.
It would be nice if some could add a few words.

My e-mail connected to the PayPal account is gabor at pti.co.il

BUT a question just occurred to me. We already have 35 people registered.
(2 from Nigeria!) Will they be still forced to buy a ticket?
How can I tell the system that people who give talks can come free of charge,
and how can I let individuals who are not speaker in without paying
through this system.
(e.g. employees of a sponsor, or people who pay in other ways)

regards
   Gabor