accepting payments

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at free.fr
Fri Jan 11 11:14:51 CET 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 08:57:56AM +0200, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> I updated the act.ini though there was a field called 'invoice' aleady
> in the act.ini file and I did not see it described
> in the docs.
> Actually I don't see the explanation of the [priceN] sections and the
> prices = N field in the [payment] either.
> It would be nice if some could add a few words.

http://act.mongueurs.net/doc/Manual/Organizer/Configuration.html
has a commented configuration file.

There are a bunch of related sections:
- [product_registration] let's you define a product named registration
  with the translations of its name, and the number of prices
- for each price, you need to define a name (with translations) and
  an amount in the corresponding section [product_registration_price1],
  [product_registration_price2], etc

Products that have a single price don't need the additional price names.

> BUT a question just occurred to me. We already have 35 people registered.
> (2 from Nigeria!) Will they be still forced to buy a ticket?

No one is "forced" to buy anything.

> How can I tell the system that people who give talks can come free of charge,
> and how can I let individuals who are not speaker in without paying
> through this system.
> (e.g. employees of a sponsor, or people who pay in other ways)

It is up to you to let them know that the registration fee is waived
for speakers, and to deny access to the conference premises to those
who haven't paid their ticket (or have them pay on arrival).

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 It matters not how grand your plans when they are built on a faulty
 foundation.                        (Moral from Groo The Wanderer #19 (Epic))