Urgent to get access to CZPW site

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Wed Jan 8 18:07:09 CET 2014

Nicholas Butler wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,

Hello Nicholas,

> Thanks for adding me.
> I have managed to access it via putty. But couldn't view the files,
> due to my lack of Perl knowledge.
> I have FileZilla already on my PC, I tried to access the site with
> FileZilla via the following settings:
> Host: test.mongueurs.net
> Protocol: SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
> Logon Type: Normal
> User: ssh czpw at test.mongueurs.net
> Password: I used my key passphrase
>
> I tried a few other variationns, but they didn't work. Where am I
> going wrong?

This page explains how to connect to a SFTP server using PuTTY:
  » https://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Howto#SFTP_using_SSH2:_Key_based_authentication

Although, it appears there is now built-in key-based authentication:
  - click [Add a private key], select your local SSH/PuTTY private key

then configure the connection to the server:
  - File » Site manager
  - click [New site]
  - fill in the following fields:
      - host: test.mongueurs.net
      - protocol: SFTP
      - logon type: normal
      - user: czpw
      - password: leave this empty

Tell me if this does work.

> I know once I can access the files, I will be able to do what I want
> and not bug anyone any more.

It's ok to ask. Act is sparsely documented because it has always been
used by devs until now, who knows these techs.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.