[Act] Procedure for new conference?

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at free.fr
Sun Feb 22 22:51:50 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:59:10AM -0500, Richard Elberger wrote:

> I am looking for the procedure to get a new conference site up and
> running, hosted on act.mongueurs.net <http://act.mongueurs.net/>.
>
> Is there a set number of procedures to follow to get a site staged,
> information needed, etc?  How to get the ability to modify configuration,
> static files, etc, on the server?  I’ve already briefly looked through
> the Organizer documentation but missed it if there is anything there.

I don't think there's anything written, although Sébastiens has sent
enough similar-looking emails that I suspect he might have a template
for those written somewhere... ;-) Sébastien, if you send me the text,
I'm willing to adapt it for the public website.

I can already tell you that Sébastien will need your public ssh key,
as well as a preferred username, so that you can push files on the
test system. When you're happy with the looks of the test system,
the files will be stored in a repository (usually SVN, but we can deal
with Git nowadays) where you will be able to push updates to your files.

Once active, a lot of the management happens via the web site.

> If there is documentation for this “getting started” procedure on
> the act.mongueurs.net site I’m sorry I missed it.

The main chunk of documenation aimed at the organizers is:
http://act.mongueurs.net/doc/Manual/Organizer.html

Of those I suggest you read the first two. The other will be more
useful once you have a live site.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Blood is thicker than water... so beware of thick relatives.