[Act] Procedure for new conference?

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Thu Feb 26 00:38:41 CET 2015

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:59:10AM -0500, Richard Elberger wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for the procedure to get a new conference site up and
> > running, hosted on act.mongueurs.net <http://act.mongueurs.net/>.
> >
> > Is there a set number of procedures to follow to get a site staged,
> > information needed, etc?  How to get the ability to modify
> > configuration, static files, etc, on the server?  I’ve already
> > briefly looked through the Organizer documentation but missed
> > it if there is anything there.
>
> I don't think there's anything written, although Sébastiens has sent
> enough similar-looking emails that I suspect he might have a template
> for those written somewhere... ;-) Sébastien, if you send me the
> text, I'm willing to adapt it for the public website.

Actually, no. Most of the time, I wrote it from scratch.

> I can already tell you that Sébastien will need your public ssh key,
> as well as a preferred username, so that you can push files on the
> test system. When you're happy with the looks of the test system,
> the files will be stored in a repository (usually SVN, but we can
> deal with Git nowadays) where you will be able to push updates to
> your files.
>
> Once active, a lot of the management happens via the web site.
>
> > If there is documentation for this “getting started” procedure on
> > the act.mongueurs.net site I’m sorry I missed it.
>
> The main chunk of documenation aimed at the organizers is:
> http://act.mongueurs.net/doc/Manual/Organizer.html
>
> Of those I suggest you read the first two. The other will be more
> useful once you have a live site.

Philippe has already sum up what I need to setup the conference for
you, although nowadays we are more and more using GitHub, thus
removing the need for the SSH key.

Things that are always needed:
- conference name
- conference date (you can change it later)
- domain name, if you have one

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.