[Act] TPC NA 2017 test site

Theo van Hoesel th.j.v.hoesel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 15:33:54 CET 2016

Hi Todd,

in line off the preferred name changes, moving away from the old YAPC name and all moving to "The Perl Conference", I've discussed with Sébastien that we will also use different naming for repositories and the way they are being named on Spectre

The Perl Conference is going to be used as the global name, officially these conferences will be called:

The Perl Conference in <city_name>

It has a very strong preference no longer to refer to the regions or continents, so, there will not be a TPC::Europe or The European Perl Conference. And thus, neither will there be a North-American Perl Conference.

For the conference I am privileged to be the main organizer - and thus had to make some decisions about naming things, and discussed with various people, from TPF and YEF ... and for concerns off the name of repository:

tpc-2017-alexandria (instead of na2017 which refers to a continent)

hope this is still on a right moment to reconsider your request and rename the already created repo on github.

Theo