[Act] TPC NA 2017 test site

Theo van Hoesel th.j.v.hoesel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:27:48 CET 2016

Hi Todd and others,

it looks like the intention to get a better global attraction for 'The Perl Conference' as desired by more than just me alone, has not been picked up by you.

You can certainly name repositories however you like. Sure, you can hold on to the old names... na2017. Sébastien and I have decided to make the repo reflect the change in naming for TPC Amsterdam.

If you want to make a point of the names are having potential flaws, you could have been a bit more creative to go with the proposed change and could suggest to change it to
TPC Alexandria VA and in 2018 TPC Paris TX. Yes, I see here a problem that is a result of the early americans taking famous city names when founding the new land.

But again, you can name it however you want... as long as we no longer call it YAPC.

And I do not think that any of this will have had any impact on the work Sébastien is doing for us as organisers, but you may want to ask him yourself.

Greetings

Theo

Sent from my iPhone