[Act] Instance request for Barcelona Perl Workshop 2014

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Tue Jul 1 01:06:25 CEST 2014

Alex Muntada wrote:

> Hi,

Hello,

> we'll have a Perl Workshop in Barcelona on Nov 8 this year and we'd
> like to request an instance of Act under the name "barcelona2014"
> that we'd like to be eventually served as
> http://workshop.barcelona.pm/2014/ (or
> http://workshop.barcelona.pm/barcelona2014/ if the URL must match the
> instance name).

The conference ID must indeed be in full, because it is global.
If you want to be hosted on workshop.barcelona.pm, you'll have to
change the DNS record to point conferences.yapceurope.org.
However, this can wait until the site is ready.

If you never worked with Act and how we usually set things, here's
a crash course.

First, we set a test site, hosted on <http://test.mongueurs.net>
where you'll be able to work on the site in a private way.

Then, once you feel the site is ready, we set the production site,
in your case on <http://workshop.barcelona.pm> (or, in case of a
problem with that domain, on <http://act.yapc.eu>)

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni