[Act] Instance request for Barcelona Perl Workshop 2014

Alex Muntada alexm at alexm.org
Tue Jul 1 09:22:56 CEST 2014

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni:

> The conference ID must indeed be in full, because it is global.
> If you want to be hosted on workshop.barcelona.pm, you'll have to
> change the DNS record to point conferences.yapceurope.org.
> However, this can wait until the site is ready.

I guessed that the conference id was global, I just asked to
confirm. No problem, we'll use "barcelona2014" then.

> First, we set a test site, hosted on <http://test.mongueurs.net>
> where you'll be able to work on the site in a private way.

I'm aware of it. I've been helping on the organization of Granada
Perl Workshop ;)

Just let me know when the instance is ready (there's no hurry).

> Then, once you feel the site is ready, we set the production site,
> in your case on <http://workshop.barcelona.pm> (or, in case of a
> problem with that domain, on <http://act.yapc.eu>)

Sure, once the Act instance is ready for production I'll update
the DNS record to point to conferences.mongueurs.net. Right now
is pointing to GitHub, so we have a small banner for announcing
the event.

Thanks,
Alex