[Act] 500 Internal Server Error on test instances

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni sebastien at aperghis.net
Thu Jul 3 21:01:57 CEST 2014

Alex Muntada wrote:

> Alex Muntada:
>
> > Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni:
> >
> > > Strange. What where you modifying?
> >
> > I was changing languages, default_language, etc. But I reverted
> > the changes back to the original version, so I don't understand
> > how that can still be causing the error, if it ever was.
>
> FWIW, I found that files under actdocs/barcelona2014 and wwwdocs
> /barcelona2014 had different group and permissions that the
> originals, but I hope that this isn't what's causing the error.
> Anyway I tried to restore the originals by taking a look to other
> instances (e.g. granada2014).
>
> I've already checked that the apache config is passing the tests
> and I still have no clue. I'll try to setup a local instance in
> my computer and see if it works with my instance settings.
>
> Any chance that there was someone else making changes yesterday
> around noon?

Nope, barcelona2014 is the only one that was modified.
I restarted the test server and now it works. My guess is that
when you were modifying your act.ini, you saved it in a form
that the code didn't like. Then, you may have reloaded a page,
which incited the code to reload the config, thus putting it
in a bad state from which it couldn't get back.

If you remember the changes you did, I'd be interested, in order
to strengthen the code and avoid something similar in the future.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.