[Act] List of conferences out-of-date

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at free.fr
Thu Jul 10 15:28:44 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 02:31:12PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 02:20:22PM +0200, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

> > > Because the list is maintained manually.
> > >

> > :-/. I suppose there is no repository which someone else can update with fresh data?
>
> afaik this is the master file:
> https://github.com/yapceurope/yef-www/blob/master/events/conferences.yml
>
> patches welcome, I assume..
>
> (at least until we figure out a more elegant way to get the data out of
> ACT)

Actually, the master file is
https://github.com/yapceurope/perl-events/blob/master/conferences.yml
Both should be identical, as I carry patches around.

This database does contain much more than the list of conferences in Act.
It has all the Perl conferences and events I know of (272 at the moment).

You can figure out which conferences are Act conferences by checking
for the act_open key. What's missing to generate the list on
http://act.mongueurs.net/conferences.html is a way to tell apart the
Act conferences hosted by the French Perl Mongers (most of them) and
those hosted elsewhere (see at the bottom).

I suppose I could add a act_instance key to disambiguate between the
various instances.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Too many believe only in the belief.