[Act] Dynamic Languages Website

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Thu Mar 19 12:19:59 CET 2015

On 19/03/2015 00:59, Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni wrote:
> Mark Keating wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
> Hello Mark,
>
>> We are seeing issues with the Dynamic Languages site. We had to shift
>> to this year (2015) due to venue issues and the sits still points at
>> dlc2014. This means that half of the RSS and auto feeds are b0rked.
>> Especially items like news. We are also not getting the payment
>> processor when we try to get people to register which is even more
>> worrying. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
> You find me very confused: if the dates are correctly filled (and as
> far as I can see, they are), there's no reason things shouldn't work.
> Regarding the Atom feed for the news, for example, I see the two
> published news in the feed.
So if you go to this page:

http://www.dynamiclanguages.co.uk/dlc2014/news

And click on the news item it tries to visit this page:

http://www.dynamiclanguages.co.uk/dlc2015/news/1301

I guess the configuration says that the conference should be dlc2015 -
however as you can see the site is still resolving to dlc2014 we wanted
it to be 2015.
>   Regarding the payment, that's expected:
> you are configured to used YEF, but it cannot work yet because
> I can't allow it to be used until validation by Philippe.

Oh, I thought that approval had been given.

Kimball did Philippe not approve this?
Philippe did you need something more from us?

Kind regards

Mark