[Act] Act services moving on a new server

Todd Rinaldo toddr at cpanel.net
Wed Feb 17 21:02:33 CET 2016

I have an alternate solution which I've been pursuing:

Get ACT to work with modperl2 so it can run on the L&G Apache/modperl/postgresql. Then you don't have the legacy issue. I've made some progress in this direction. My biggest problem is when I hit a directive where it's not clear how to convert it or when I hit a unit test that doesn't work but because of missing config, not because the code is wrong.

My goal is to be able to just install Debian Jesse and the as many Debian packages as possible and be able to use ACT with a little bit of setup.

https://github.com/toddr/Act/tree/jesse <https://github.com/toddr/Act/tree/jesse>

bootstrap.act is my notes so far. I've not been working on it much lately but it's my hope that this work would make it much easier for someone to hack on ACT with their own server. It is my belief this is the major reason people have looked to replace not revise ACT so much in recent years.

Todd