[Act] repo out of sync for tpc-2017-amsterdam (rather urgent...)

Detlev Hauschildt detlev at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 5 14:00:59 CEST 2017

Dear ACT team,

We've run into a bit of an issue yesterday when working on the website
for the upcoming YAPC-EU (aka tpc-2017-amsterdam). One team member
audaciously reset the head of the master branch of our github repo
(https://github.com/Act-Conferences/tpc-2017-amsterdam) to an earlier
node to clean up some experiments, but we noticed that this doesn't get
reflected in the live environment that the website is served from
(fortunately only the test site is affected).

 From what I can see it appears that the files are served from another
git repo that doesn't actually follow the state of our github repo, but
rather merges our branches into its branches. The live repo still has
all the commits that are gone from our repo after the reset. And when we
make other commits now we sometimes end up with files on the live server
that have git merge conflict markers in them - which doesn't make for
pretty HTML! These markers are not present in our repo so it's hard to
do something about them.

So, it would be of great help if you could clone our current master
branch to the live repo.

And maybe structurally it would be better to have a setup where the live
server follows the github repo exactly, as this might trip up other
people too. I suppose the current setup only works if you restrict
yourself to adding commits, but not when moving the head of the branch.

Thanks for you help!!!

Detlev